Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Marathon of parties

It's that time of the year again where the marathon of parties mark the end of the school year. Today my daughter has a party in her Ignite class so she asked me to make cake pops (at the last minute of course). I had a paper due today so I simply couldn't take the time for cake pops, but I thought of something better, peanut butter balls. Simple and very yummy.


I got the recipe from my friend, Sundi. I hope she doesn't mind me sharing it. I have seen other variations of this recipe, but the graham cracker is what makes it. Initially I was going to place each ball on a stick and dip them in chocolate candy coating, but it turns out I didn't have any on hand nor did I have any almond bark. What I did have are Hershey's chocolate bars, so I melted the chocolate and drizzled a little on top.   My kids prefer it with less chocolate than the recipe calls for, and I prefer the balls without the chocolate.



No Bake Peanut Butter Balls
(Similar to Reese's Peanut Butter Cups)

1/2 Cup of creamy peanut butter
2 Cups of confectioners sugar
1/2 Cup of butter (melted)
1 teaspoon of vanilla
3/4 Cup of coarse graham cracker crumbs 
(I make my own and I use about a cup)
Almond Bark

Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.  Roll teaspoonful sizes and place on a cookie sheet in mini cupcake liners. Melt almond bark and drizzle or put a daub on each ball. Let the chocolate set and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...