Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I'm Back!

Well sort of anyway. . . . I've had absolutely no interest in blogging or blog stalking lately, not really sure why. So much for my New Year's resolution to keep up this blog. Oh well, good thing I don't have many followers or I'd be feeling guilty. Perhaps I'll become one of those super bloggers who makes money off my blog someday and I'll actually keep it up, but I hardly think that'll happen. In the mean time, let me tell you what I've been up to. 


I have been knitting. During my stay in Seattle, while my Dad was recovering from open heart surgery, I picked up knitting again. I had only known the basic knit stitch and a how to make a dish rag. I had no idea what the stitches I used were called.


While I was at the Fisher House, they brought in a volunteer to do a knitting circle. I took advantage of the knowledge presented and learned one new stitch, that's right one! I know it wasn't much, but I learned the pearl stitch, and it was enough to perk my interest in learning more. So when I got home, I looked online, watched YouTube videos and made a couple of hats, not shown in any of the photos.

Then I decided to try out headbands or head wraps, as they are the big rage around here. I tried out a couple different knit patterns for the wrap and tried out several flower patterns, which I crocheted. The pink one here was my second attempt. It is shown without the finishing buttons. 


I've seen these sold at many local shops, but most sold at the popular shops are mass produced in China and sold starting at $28. 


I ended up making several for my daughter to give away as birthday presents, sold a couple, and have even been asked to make custom wraps. 


So while I've been absent from the blog world, I've been having fun with fibers.


My next goal is to make smokerings and scarves out of qiviut, my all time favorite fiber. Who knew knitting and crocheting could be so fun and relaxing!

Until the next time. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...