Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I love Halloween! What a fun holiday. This year we didn't really decorate very much for it. What we did do a lot of, is dress up.


Last weekend we attended The Crossing's Fall Family Fling. My daughter wanted to be Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's so we made it happen.


 My oldest and youngest decided to put their pirate day costumes on. I love easy!


I really love doing hair and makeup. This is one of the many reasons I am thankful for having girls, although I do think it would be fun to dress up a little boy. The Mr. says it's not going to happen.


We also went to our school carnival this past Friday. Taylor wanted to be Little Red Riding Hood so I whipped out her cloak on my new sewing machine the morning of the carnival. I was very pleased with how it turned out. I would've preferred a heavier material. Instead I went for budget since it probably wasn't going to get worn after Halloween.


My baby couldn't decide what she wanted to be so she dug out an old costume from the dress up box and made herself a witch. Again nice and easy, I love reusing old costumes.


Paige didn't want to be Audrey Hepburn again. Her best friend was going to be a Flapper and it just so happened that I had bought one from the Wal-Mart clearance after Halloween last year so they decided they'd match.




Then yesterday, my girls and their good friend Carson, took a break from building forts around the house to have a tea party.


They dressed up for the occasion.


And tried their best at pointing out proper etiquette, but by the end of their tea party were completely lacking in any sort of etiquette. Notice Paige's pinkie, she said sticking your pinkie out was the proper way to drink tea. Cute!


They enjoyed a nice meal of waffles and chocolate milk on my grandmother's china and I totally enjoyed watching and listening to them play. They weren't thrilled about "Mamarazzi," as they like to call me, but I couldn't pass up the cute little photo op.

Happy Halloween, not sure what my girls are going to be tonight, but last minute costumes are just how we roll. 
Stay safe and warm out there!

**Updated to add Halloween Evening Photos**


Well my girls figured out what they were going to be. Little Red Riding Hood, a dia de los muertos witch, which I thought was perfect since they learn about this in Spanish Immersion, and Mario.


Riley was torn between a witch and something spooky like a ghost, so we combined the two.


Paige wanted to be Mario, but as usual I didn't buy the costume in time, so I borrowed a pair of bibs from a friend, size wasn't an issue since we knew she'd be wearing her snow gear underneath. I stuck my red fleece jacket on her and whipped out her Mario hat, using this tutorial, a couple hours before they headed out to go trick-or-treating.


Not sure who had more fun, me or the kids.


It didn't matter that it was cold and snowing out, they were determined to get their candy.


And that's just what they did.


At the end of the night, Mario found his lost pal, Yoshi.


All in all it was a Bootiful . . . 



. . . and Spooktacular night


Next year I will try my very best to put together costumes ahead of time. In the mean time, off to raid their candy bags!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...