Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Yummy Homemade Hot Chocolate

It's been a while! While I'd love to craft and blog all day everyday, life's duties do come first. Between competitive gymnastics, Junior Nordic, skating and most importantly, school, this blog will probably continue to be neglected. 

Now that my excuses are out of the way, I have to tell you, it is COLD here in Alaska! Just when I was beginning to think we weren't going to have a winter, our temps have dropped to single digits, and in some areas below zero! I can't complain though. Cold weather usually brings brighter days with blue skies and best of all, a reason to drink lots of hot chocolate. 


This morning I made some tasty homemade hot chocolate. I don't make it often or I'd probably be diabetic.  It is not fat free or healthy, just a delicious treat. If you're looking for heart healthy, don't bother trying this recipe. 


However, if you're looking for a warm and yummy chocolate treat that doesn't entail baking, then give this recipe a try. The vanilla I use is from Puerto Rico, and I think it's infused with cinnamon which makes it so much better. If I were to use regular vanilla I would definitely add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the sugar mixture. Oh and I use 1% Organic Milk and it's plenty rich, and not too watery. Really any recipe can be altered to your liking so if you have any great tips to improve this recipe, feel free to share. Enjoy and stay warm!

Until the next time. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...