So I set my machine to work while I did chores and it did just that. Only it was an "Epic Failure" as my girls would say. Because I am new to my machine, I didn't factor in shifting. My machine did what it was supposed to and I failed to secure the parts of the sheet that weren't getting embroidered, so it caught some of it and embroidered onto itself. I know that explanation made no sense so just look at the picture please.
The great thing about $3.99 sheets, is that I wasn't too upset about having to cut it up. So I decided to make lemonade out of the situation and dug out my scrap fabric and an extra pillow form I just happened to have on hand.
And I made a pillow cover.
After it was all said and done, I realized that I probably shouldn't have used a couple of the fabric choices, but really I'm pleased with the results and so are my girls. It will go in their room to go with their holiday duvets, if I ever get them done.
Another successful saved by scraps moment!
I shared this post with: