Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Girls Night

Last night was a big night for me. I went to the Montgomery Gentry concert! My life revolves around my kids and I rarely take time for myself so it was a nice treat. Unfortunately the Mr. couldn't make it, but I was in good company. I have to admit I'm not the biggest country fan. I don't hate it, but I don't know a whole lot of country songs unless they are classics. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed the show.



Tonight was girls night. We made pizzas, I baked up a batch of my chocolate chip cookies and now the girls are giving each other a spa treatment. I am going to cozy up and read my new organization book because I need all the inspiration I can get these days.  Before I do, here is my chocolate chip recipe.



Mikngayaq's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Inredients:
2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
3/4 teaspoon Salt
2 Sticks of Room Temperature Real Butter
(do not soften butter in microwave and do not use margarine)
3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
2 large eggs*
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
2 1/4 Cups of  Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chip Cookies

*one large egg = 1/4 cup

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir your flour before measuring.
Place flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
Cream butter and sugars thoroughly. Add eggs and vanilla until mixed well.
Slowly add dry inredients to the wet ingredients. Add chocolate chips.
Nuts are optional, but if you choose to use them, add 1/2 cups of chopped nuts.

Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet  by teaspoonfuls or use a cookie scoop (I don't recommend using baking stones for this recipe. I prefer the cheapest dark metal pans as they tend to form better. I have never had luck with the air bake cookie sheets or baking stones).

Bake on the middle rack for 8-10 minutes depending on your oven. Cookies will look undercooked, but that's okay. Remove from the cookie sheet immediately and place on a cooling rack for at least 8 minutes before serving. Cookies will be soft and almost doughy, but can keep for days and still be chewy. I haven't had any complaints yet. Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...