Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Handmade Gifts

I have to admit, I'm not the best at planning ahead so often times I find myself scrambling to buy/make gifts at the last minute. My cousin's daughter had identical twins, and while I had purchased super cute clothes for the girls, I just didn't think that was enough. I thought about what I loved when I had my babies, and the first thing that came to my mind were the handmade flannel receiving blankets that were gifted to me. They were the perfect size and gauge, not too thin and not too thick. So I decided to whip out a couple for the twins. I did make another similar receiving blanket this past weekend along with a hooter hider, but because I was so in a hurry to get to the baby shower, I failed to take pictures.


Very simple, I know, but they're wonderful for newborns. I figured the girls would have a lot of pink so I chose other cute colors.
I also put together eight teacher gifts last night, as well as this cute little zippered pouch for my daughter's Chinese Auction. She was instructed to bring a gift for a female that was under $5. There isn't much you can buy in AK, at least that's worth anything to a 10 year old, for under $5 so I decided to make this. It's a variation from the gathered clutch from Noodlehead. I was trying to go for a messy, but colorful look and I think I achieved my goal. What matters is that my 10 year old was happy. Hopefully who ever ends up with it will be happy as well. I don't know that many 10 year olds who really appreciate handmade gifts.
I didn't take any photos of the picture frames, sugar scrubs and bags I made for the teachers as I was running behind putting them together and packaging them up. Oh well. I'm just glad Christmas break has started. I will be whipping up a batch of hot buttered rum and enjoying some Christmas cheer this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...