Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Wish List

I've been pretty uninspired lately so I haven't worked on much, not even decorating the house. We don't have our tree up, well that's not entirely true, we do have the girls' six foot tree up in their room.
That really is as far as my lack of Christmas spirit is taking me. One of these days I'll learn how to take those commercial looking photos of lit trees.

So in hopes of finding the holiday spirit, I've decided to create my own wish list. I know I will not be getting any of these items. Really I don't need them, but it is fun to dream.

The Canon EOS 5D Mark II

I have used and am familiar with Nikon (I say that in past tense form because I no longer own a Nikon D700), so the logical thing would be to wish for a Nikon camera, right? Not really. While I loved my Nikon D700, I am curious and interested in trying other brands. You're probably wondering why such an expensive camera for just trying it out, but really it has to do with the appeal of a full frame sensor.


With a camera, must come lenses and what better ones to choose than the 24-70mm f/2.8and the
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II.



A Bernina Artista 640 sewing machine with the embroidery module. Isn't she a beauty?

A Vitamix 5200 Ultimate Package from Costco


And last but not least a KitchenAid Pro 575 Watt 5.5 Qt. mixer. I don't have any kitchen counter/storage space so really I'm not sure where I'd put this thing. I have visions of doing more baking, but perhaps that isn't the best idea since I'd also be eating all the goodies.

As I previously indicated, these are not items I will acquire or expect anytime in the near future. I am more realistic than my dreams, but it sure was fun coming up with the list. It sort of reminded me of going through the old Sears Roebuck Wish Book every year. What's on your Christmas wish list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...