Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hair Play

I love doing hair. . . . other people's hair, that is. I can never really seem to do my own, nor do I have the interest in fussing with myself. 

Thanks to the release of The Hunger Games movie, my girls have been asking me to put their hair in all sorts of braids, but mostly the Katniss braid. I love it! I feel like I have my babies back!  Here are three variations of the Dutch braid, most commonly referred to as the Katniss braid, around here.  Excuse the poor quality of the photos, they were all taken with my iPhone.


This was my first attempt, not too shabby. My daughter was happy. I don't spend a lot of time on these braids so I don't go for perfection.


Another try, another daughter, another day. Now if I could only learn to deal with fly aways.


I was attempting to do a half crown braid today, but did it a little too high. If you're looking to do a Katniss braid, or a simple dutch braid and don't know how, check out YouTube, there are a ton of tutorials out there. I happened to know how to do a dutch braid so I didn't didn't need a tutorial, but my oldest daughter taught herself using video tutorials. 


Today one of my girls wanted something like the braid Katniss wore on the day of the reaping. My daughter's hair is much shorter though so I did what I could.


I was also recently privileged to do hair for my friend's daughter and her friend for their JROTC ball. I'm not a trained professional, so they aren't perfect, but I thought their hair turned out beautifully.  This was taken before the girls headed out to have their make-up done.


I just love how Kait looked. Her updo was very classy looking.


Daley wanted to incorporate a braid and a high updo with curls. The girls were both gorgeous and I was quite thrilled that I got to play with hair.

Until the next time. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...