Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Saved by Scraps

I was so excited this morning as I had scored these inexpensive sheets and I was going to embroider some Christmas designs to make holiday duvet covers for my girls.


So I set my machine to work while I did chores and it did just that. Only it was an "Epic Failure" as my girls would say. Because I am new to my machine, I didn't factor in shifting. My machine did what it was supposed to and I failed to secure the  parts of the sheet that weren't getting embroidered, so it caught some of it and embroidered onto itself. I know that explanation made no sense so just look at the picture please.


The great thing about $3.99 sheets, is that I wasn't too upset about having to cut it up. So I decided to make lemonade out of the situation and dug out my scrap fabric and an extra pillow form I just happened to have on hand.


And I made a pillow cover.


After it was all said and done, I realized that I probably shouldn't have used a couple of the fabric choices, but really I'm pleased with the results and so are my girls. It will go in their room to go with their holiday duvets, if I ever get them done. 

Another successful saved by scraps moment! 

I shared this post with:






4 comments:

  1. How bright and pretty! Great job. I would love it if you would stop by and link this up to my linky party going on right now :)http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/bedazzle-me-monday-7_6572.html

    Also, make sure you check out Random Act of Kindness Week going on next week. I would love to see you be a part of it!! :)
    http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/kindness-and-thanksgiving.html

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nikki, I linked up to your party. I love the Random Acts of Kindness idea, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assirpaa. I love everything about the pillow. I think random colors like that, go good together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quyana Katie! I love bright fun colors, especially during the long dark Alaskan winters.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...