Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Keeping It Simple

All too often in life we tend to complicate things, but why? I've been asking myself that question for years.  I bought a thank you gift for a friend who has helped me out with some not so desirable manual labor recently.  I wanted to show my appreciation and present my friend with a nicely wrapped gift.

A few simple shots taken with my mobile phone
Normally I have an assortment of recycled gift bags on hand, but this time all I could find in my stash were bags appropriate for the two to ten year old range. Rather than driving 10 minutes into town, I decided to keep it simple and use supplies I had on hand. Brown paper packaging, card stock, stamps, ink pads, organza, ribbon, jute, and a lighter to be exact. In about 15 minutes I made very simple wrapping paper, wrapping emblishment, and a very simple thank you card. Not only did I save a few dollars, but the time, effort, and thought into my presentation is a gift in and of itself. 

So as the season of thanks approaches, remember not to sweat the small stuff, instead enjoy life and be thankful for the simple things. Thanks Tammy for your help lately! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...