Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Solstice

Solstice is always a bittersweet time for me. I LOVE the long Alaskan summer days, so naturally I love summer solstice.  However, it makes me a little sad knowing the days will be getting shorter and the long dark winter is just around the corner. Seriously though, I can't think of the doom and gloom. Instead I am going to enjoy my pretties and give thanks for living in such an amazing and gorgeous state.



I took a walk around my yard late last night to enjoy the evening light and the
beauty surrounding me. Here are a few of the flowers I recently planted.


I was a little behind with yard work and planting because of our trip to Hawaii.


So I went to the local Nursery and treated myself to some color.


I don't exactly have a green thumb, but I'm trying my luck.


After all, what's life without color?



As I wandered around my yard, I stopped to enjoy the beautiful
view from my back deck while listening to the birds.



Then I went indoors and enjoyed the view from my dining room.



I never get sick of the scenery here. And I must say, I can't imagine
summer solstice being better anywhere else than in the land of the midnight sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...