Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

What are 10 year olds for?

My 10 year old has taken on the cooking and baking duties lately. Not because I make her, but because she begs me to. I must admit though, she's a pretty good cook and I really enjoy the break from my kitchen duties. I love that she is interested in cooking. She's an extremely picky eater and the rule here is that if you make it, you have to try it. Needless to say, she doesn't volunteer to make many dishes that include vegetables.


Today, she wanted to make Krumkake. I have never allowed her to make it on her own before, but today, I just gave her the recipe and walked out of the kitchen.


She did pretty good. They turned out perfect and absolutely yummy. What is Krumkake? It's a Norwegian cookie made around Christmas time except in this house we make it year round. I'm not going to pretend I know a lot about my Norwegian side because I don't. Afterall I grew up in a remote Alaskan village thousands of miles away from Norway, but I sure know how yummy their krumkake is. Another Norwegian favorite of mine is lefse and one of these days I will learn how to make that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...