Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving day I am thankful for many things. As I sit here back in my hometown, I can't help but think that I'm thankful that I no longer live here. While it's a great community that provides a lot of growth and encouragement to be creative enough to survive, I realize that I live in a great town with a great school for my children and it is the right place for us. Sometimes it takes a little reflection and going backwards to really appreciate where we're currently at in life.
I am thankful for my three beautiful children, who are wise beyond their years and are always teaching me something new about life. For my husband for being such a great provider to his family and a better serviceman to his country. I am thankful for my father, whose patience and unconditional love is something I can only hope to provide for my kids someday, the way he does. I am thankful for my mother-in-law who is an amazingly generous and loving person. I am thankful for the friends and family I don't  get to see very often, especially my family in the villages who have recently suffered some major losses and have received more difficult news recently.  I am thankful for our service members for the sacrifices you make for our country. Last but not least, I am thankful for living in such a wonderful country. It may not be perfect, but there's no where I'd rather be on this day. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...