Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sew Much Fun

For my birthday my husband and kids gave me an awesome new embroidery machine.  So I immediately put it to use and made a quilt for my Linus baby. I used a charm pack she chose from Wal-Mart. . . BIG MISTAKE!  I will stick with Moda from now on. Each square was so off. Unfortunately I didn't realize it until I was about half way through with the quilt and ready to piece my rows together. 
I was quite discouraged and the perfectionist in me wanted to abandon the project, but I had my baby asking me every few minutes if her new blankie was done yet. I not only failed to use a pattern, but I ended up having to improvise on all my measurements because of those horrible cheapie charm squares. It's quite possibly the sloppiest job I've ever done, but I kept telling myself to be okay with that fact. It was my first attempt at actually using the binding method. I will say that I proudly cut my binding, sewed it together to form a long enough strip to go around the entire quilt, and hand stitched it to the quilt. It's perfectly imperfect and I love it.  I'm also totally in love with the happy colors.


Oh and I've got a few other projects going.






So stay tuned to see what these are going to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...