Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Light In The Dark

While I wait to get copies of pictures from our cabin trip, I thought I'd share a few photos I adore from one of my favorite artists, Katie Sevigny. Most know that Alaska is pretty dark in the winter and it may not affect a lot of people, but the darkness sure does affect me. I need light and color, other than brown, white and gray to function at a somewhat normal level.  Since I'm stuck here and there's no sunny vacation planned in my near future and I can't do much about the light other than run up my electric bill by turning on all the switches in my house, I focus on finding color to brighten up my days.   Katie's work is certain to do the job.



This piece is called Modern Poppies. I bought it for a friend for Christmas. I'm totally going to buy this print for myself next.


This one is called Seahorse and I bought it for my 10 year old daughter along with another tree print for Christmas. She too is a Katie Sevigny fan.
The following are prints that I love and I plan on owning a couple of them someday.

Swing Tree

Sun

Raven Sun

Sunbathing

Katie Sevigny is based out of Anchorage and has a wonderful studio downtown on 4th Avenue. You can check out her website here and if you're in the Anchorage area, you can find her work at 608 W 4th Ave, Ste 101, Anchorage.

With Katie's art, I have found light in the dark and I hope her work brings as much cheer to you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...