Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Induction Into The Cyber World

Today is the debut of my blogging journey and quite honestly I'm really just figuring this blogging thing out, so I don't have a whole lot of exciting material to publish. I often find myself thumbing through old photos trying to figure out when the kids or I did/made/accomplished something. In an effort to journal my creative and not so creative adventures, and to keep family and friends, who I'm not always great about keeping in touch with, in the loop, I've decided to join the blogging world.

So not to leave you completely with nothing for my first entry, here are a few projects I have been working on in the last couple of days. My daughters' school has a quarterly Kid Town Market where students have the opportunity to apply for a business license, pay for it (with Kid Town money earned throughout the school year), rent a table and sell their goods. It is a big deal for my kids and this quarter my oldest is selling  hair bands/pins, bean bags, and  coasters. Here is what we have to start with. Handmade fabric/felt flowers for head bands and hair clips. Of course the ideas are not orignal. I am a proud blog stocker of about two dozen blogs. While I wish I could give credit for the inspiration of these blogs, I honestly can't remember which one(s) I got the idea from. Taylor helped with the cutting, and this weekend she will be constructing her own. These were just samples.


Here is a gathered clutch I attempted to make. My creative friend, Tiffany showed me the tutorial from Noodlehead at http://noodleheads.blogspot.com/. Working with a zipper was much harder than it looked and I'm not sure that I followed the directions exactly right as had a little bit of trouble with the zipper tabs.


And that's it for now folks. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...